Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car vibrates starting around 50+ then gets worse and worse the faster I go. Could this be the issue? See pictures. Pretty sure it is. And either way if it is it isn't the cause these shouldn't like this. What exact bushing would this be? Should I replace it myself or think I should take it in? Any help or advice would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
It sounds more like a balancing issue, to be honest.

The bushing could be replaced with a Prothane or Energy Suspension poly bushing, to keep this from causing problems in the future. Its the lower control arm bushing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it could be that but does that bushing look right? Looks the same on both and looks torn. Or is that just how it looks?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those bushings are most likely ok, for now. The cracking and small tears are in the soft webbing just meant to help keep it centered but adds little to the support. I agree with DartSimpson, I'd look into the wheel balance, too. Maybe torque the wheel bolts all the way around might help. I hate those stock wheel bolts!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhh ok. Yea wasn't sure as that big black area nothing is attached. And I had just gotten new wheels put on. I'll make sure they balanced them right and tighten them down like u said. And this is just a basic sxt not spending extra money on a car that doesnt even have cruise control lol. I'll be trading it in for a better one here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts