Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, some of us have Garmin Nav. I am used to handheld Garmin devices(plug into computer for lifetime updates, or changing voices or little pointer/icon things. But here is my question. Is there a way to add a custom voice(from Garmin-not some other source) to our cars "stock" navigation system ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
no, i tried. you are stuck with the voice it already has and the icons that are already installed. you can't simply hook up your car to your laptop and give it an update like that. wish you could. Chrysler sells the update to the maps for around $100. that's how they get their money from you. (Chrysler supplies the update, not Garmin) They should give us that capability, but they don't. AND it is such a complicated pain the the (you know what) to update. the websites seem like they are from 10 years ago when the internet was still new.

i just turn the voice lady off and just pay attention to the navigation prompts on the IP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, some of us have Garmin Nav. I am used to handheld Garmin devices(plug into computer for lifetime updates, or changing voices or little pointer/icon things. But here is my question. Is there a way to add a custom voice(from Garmin-not some other source) to our cars "stock" navigation system ?
Actually... You can update the Uconnect software, and Garmin in mine (mine's a 15'). Basically, it's one of the first things I did, the same night I bought the car.

Pretty simple, in my case. You just download the files on a clean thumb drive, and plug them into the car (while running), and let it update. Rinse, and repeat, as necessary. The Garmin update I got, actually allows you to choose some new icons (not all). However, it's still the same old craggy lady voice... All that said, it's only a matter of time before the thing is essentially jail-broken.

Anywho, here's the link to Uconnect for updates:
https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts