Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just purchased a 2014 Dart GT and I love it... Except that its sort of a dog right now. I want to upgrade or add several things to the car but I'm having a very had time locating any kind of aftermarket parts. I know I can get a cold air intake from Injen for roughly $180. I'm going to get that this week, however I would love to get a chip that I can have a couple different settings on or a tuner that I can plug in and make changes myself. I also would love recommendations for and exhaust system. I'm open to any other performance parts but I can't find anything out there hardly. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best/Cheapest mods hands down for the N/a 2.0/2.4's are the following:
Autolite Spark Plugs 5325 - $8.44 (set of 4 w/ free s/h) you can gap them @ .043 to start, but as you mod up gap to .060
Road Race Motorsports Lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley - $169.00

Those two above alone will turn the 2.4 into a completely different animal for under $200.

For Cold Air Intakes, just either get the 2.0 version of the Injen. NOT THE 2.4 version. You want the 2.0, you might need to speciality fab up a braket as they don't line up with the 2.4's like they do for the 2.0's, but you will get more gains from the 2.0 version. Either get the Injen or the DRP, DRP might be more expensive, but they are a growing company but very high quality.

No matter what with your CAI, keep it CAI (not SRI), and add the following filter to the CAI. Ditch the original filter that comes with the CAI. You want to get a Velocity Stack Filter. More air flow, faster air flow, colder air flow. Here is all you need for the Velocity Stack Filter:

HPR9606W 6" Cone Filter, 5.7" Tall-White - $30.95
Velocity Stack 3.5" Filter Adapter 9603 - $17.95
Spectre 9761 4" X 3" Coupler Black - $15.89

That filter coupled with the CAI you will feel the most gains.

If you want to get an exhaust, I recommend the Heartthrob Cat Back. If you want something more aggressive, you can go custom like I did and go Thrush Stainless Steel Glasspack Muffler (in place of the resonator) to Y-Pipe out to dual 2.25" straight pipes. Either way you don't want to go much more than 2.5" tubing. Remember we are not Turbo'd (yet) and we need between 2.25" & 2.5" exhaust piping.

As far as tuning, RoadRace is coming out with their new 2.4L Spectrum tune. I would highly recommend this over any pedal box or sprint booster. I have the current 2.0/2.4 version of the Spectrum tune and it is out of this word. You will feel the gains all across the RPM "spectrum". Best part of the tune is it continually adapts to your mods. So once you get through the 80 mile under 4k RPM break-in period, go through the gears and let her rip. You will feel it, it's that significant.

If you have the power-tech automatic, check out my build thread, tons of knowledge unlocking the automatic "slush-box".

I hope this helps you guys out with everything you need with your new Darts. As always Ariel and myself are here to help. There are other things out there Deyeme engine mounts, light-weight rims, suspensions. If you ever need anything feel free to ask, we don't want to anything in return, we just want to help grow the community the way it should be. If you email me I will put you in contact with other 2.0/2.4 guys that aren't on the forum that want to help.

Hope this points y'all in the right direction, let me know if you need help with anything. I'm always here on the forums or on my phone, I'm always ready willing and able to help out.

Thanks,
Joshua

·
Registered
284 Posts
spend the extra 50 bucks and get the 2.0 injen version. the injen 2.4 CAI is a terd. a waste of cash because it does not replace the crinkle tube in the CAI. anyone offering this type is a scam artist and does not care about the true performance gains from a real intake set up.

do you have an Auto or a Manual? if you have a Manual. the clutch kits for the 1.4 MANUAL, will work for your car as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone done any mods for mileage gains? What kind of mileage are you getting? Yeah, I know, if I wanted to get better mileage, I should get a HYBRID!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Has anyone done any mods for mileage gains? What kind of mileage are you getting? Yeah, I know, if I wanted to get better mileage, I should get a HYBRID!
well put it this way, i hav taken a trip back in March from VA to MI. the trip was over 600 mile and i have a GT. while i drove up i had Injen 2.0L CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, and the RRM LW Pulley. on the drive up i was getting 34-36 mpg by the calculations at the pump on fill up. on the drive back at 60-65 MPH i was getting 38 MPG on the return trip. Now i have coppers, Velo Stack and STS. im sure i would get almost 40mpg now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts