Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2012 ram 1500 rcsb express 2wd. I love my truck, but I'm spending nearly 700 a month in gas for work. I was thinking about a dart sxt, I test drove a loaded limited with all the bells and whistles, car rode nice, but it was too fancy for me. For those that have a dart and drive a lot do you enjoy it, does the 2.0 get around ok, and how has overall reliability been? Any help or input is appreciated.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have the SXT nearly loaded. It doesn't have nav or the sunroof. It does have the 8.4 uconnect screen with satelite, cruze and back up camera. It has the 2.0 and 6 speed auto.

I love it! it is very comfortable to me and gets around very well. It isn't a race car but it can motivate when asked. I have been averaging 29-30mpg with mixed driving on a 65 mile a day commute.

I had an issue with a control module for controls memory early on but it was repaired by my dealer promply and it has been problem free reliable since. I just broke 11K miles.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i dont want to sound biased so i would recommend you test drive all three engines. i have personally not had any problems with my 14 dart GT. but i have heard ppl say they have had this and that. i have heard a lot of the 1.4 having almost constant problems on the other forum im part of. and i honestly have not heard of anything for the 2.0 other then Automatic trans problems. so make sure you get what you want. because most times when you get what you need you will always think about what you wanted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I traded in my ram crew cab with the hemi for my dart. Got the 2.0 loaded limited and am loving saving a ton of money a month. It's definitely a different ride but it's something I was able to get used to. I miss my truck at times but am happy with the dart.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congrats on your new dart. If you don't use a truck all the time they can be expensive to own and maintain. With the money you are saving maybe you could find an old used Ram to have around for those times when you do need a truck.

What coler did you get? Are you going to do any customization or improvements?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is quite a difference going from a large vehicle to a compact , but I have the rallye 2.0, auto. Love the gas mileage , and so far no problems and just hit 12k. I went out and bought a older silverado just for hauling and to use when I need it, otherwise it sits next to the garage. the dart is the daily driver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I currently have a 2012 ram 1500 rcsb express 2wd. I love my truck, but I'm spending nearly 700 a month in gas for work. I was thinking about a dart sxt, I test drove a loaded limited with all the bells and whistles, car rode nice, but it was too fancy for me. For those that have a dart and drive a lot do you enjoy it, does the 2.0 get around ok, and how has overall reliability been? Any help or input is appreciated.
Our limited has been reliable so far. The Dart uses half the gas our 2006 AWD Hemi Durango did.
The Darts are not 'fast' by any stretch, except maybe the SRT4, but they have enough 'go' to get where you need to be.
For only $25k fully loaded I would get the limited again. Might as well enjoy the creature comforts.
The wife loves her Dart, and I enjoy the fuel savings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I sold my Ram quad cab and bought an SUV we also bought a small trailer for when we needed to haul stuff. Works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts