Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum here, and the Dodge Dart scene all together. I just recently purchased my 2013 Dodge Dart RALLYE (just over a week ago now with 15,500 miles). So, when I first purchased the vehicle all I had noticed was the CAI upgrade. The car drove like a dream! I ended up purchasing the vehicle that day cash outright as is no warranty (stupid me). The car did wonderful for about 100 miles until the MIL kicked on. Called my salesman and informed him of the issue, was told he was off that day and asked if I could bring it by the service department the next day. I agreed and so that day went ahead and took it to my buddies shop not far from my house and had him run the codes for me. It was a misfire in cylinder 1 and then a code P1CEA the computer didn't recognize. I didn't have him reset it for the sake of taking it back to the dealership I had purchased it at.
The next day I arrive at the service department and they got the same two codes that I did. There was some sort hose running into the CAI piping that was completely split, so they replaced it with new hose, suggested that was the problem and reset the computer. That was Friday 2-12-16. The next day I took it back to my buddies shop and had his mechanic just kind of do a run down of the motor and try and find any sort of mods done to the vehicle other than the obvious CAI. He discovered all aftermarket intercooler piping, as well as a harmonic balancer for the crankshaft??? I'm probably butchering his words. But anyways, not much done to the vehicle just from and exterior inspection of the motor.
Monday rolls around and a buddy of mine are cruising to the grocery store and I mention how the light hasn't came back on since the dealership reset it, maybe that was the issue. I kid you not, as soon as I say that, the MIL kicks back on as well as the electronic stability control sensor (which was a first) and the car goes into "limp" mode. The A/C shuts off, the car starts running extremely rough, wont accelerate, idling below 500RPMS at idle, wanting to stall. Just complete uh oh mode. So I take it back to my buddies shop and run the codes and get six this time. Cylinder one misfire among some other ones I believe caused just from going into that "limp" mode. Checked all the sparkplugs, good. Switched the coil from cylinder one with cylinder four and drove it around a bit to see if it rolled a different code, still cylinder one misfire. I again called the dealership and they told me to bring it up, again. My mechanic reset the codes (car went back to perfect driving mode) and I drove back over to the dealership only to be told that because I had my technician mess with it, there was nothing more they could do for me. So, because my guy reset the computer so I could even get the car to the dealership in the first place, screwed me out of their recon team doing anything more for my car.
Today I dropped it off at my buddies shop to have them do a full diagnostic on it to hopefully find out what's going on with it.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this with their vehicle? Stock, or with any sort of mods. Or does anyone know what could be a few things to start with? Really just any and all advice is welcome at this point. I'm more than let down about my brand new Dart at this point and some insight would be wonderful. Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow! Sorry, dude, I know I walked away from a modified 2013 Dart myself before buying the one I did. Your dealer sounds like scum to me, dropping you like that when they sold you a troubled car. You really shouldn't let them get away with dropping you. Go back and make some noise in their showroom. Scare some potential customers. Your mechanic friend did nothing wrong, he tried to help in a timely manner, not like your dealer would.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts