Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a few months ago, a 2013 Dart Rallye in orange, with 1.4, 6 speed and Nav. Just added leather seats from a 2015, full set of Weathertech mats and a tow hitch, so far. Want skirting and a chin spoiler soon.

I'm 60 and travel for work. I needed something a bit more comfortable than my 2nd gen Neon R/T for long work drives that still gets great fuel mileage, and the Dart fits that bill. The new leather looks fantastic in it as well.

With the paint being orange, I want to change the white material on the door panels out for orange alcantara, maybe color the leather stitching orange as well. Soon enough.

Want new wheels too. One of the reasons I joined is to see what wheels people have chosen for their cars. That and to see what other ideas are out there.

Added 2 additional LED light panels to the trunk lighting system. Man, that trunk is bright now! Installed LED light bulbs in the interior too. Nice and bright, but don't go all the way out. Yet.

Later!

Tom

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey old bar guy. Welcome!
You will definitely need to post some pics of that beautiful orange with the leather interior.
You probably already know that you need the canbus stile LED bulbs if you want them to go all the way out.
I run the standard LED bulbs myself as my kid had some spares laying around so I threw them in to see how I liked it. Probably order the whole LED kit some day. Haven't had any problem with battery draw as they do go all the way out when you leave the car parked. I also tied my radar detector into the font console lights so it powers off when the delay kills the interior power after exiting.
I'm running the 18" Enkei's.
Enjoy
Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David,
In the trunk, I added two LED panels to the original circuit, so CanBus is satisfied and the delay off feature works OK. Did order CanBus compatible bulbs for the interior. Thanks for the warning, buddy!
I just got the new chin spoiler and side skirts. Will be putting them on soon! Pics to come!

Thanks for the welcome, all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.