Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My wife and I bought a Limited 2.0/AT in Tungsten with black leather interior. It has everything but the push button start. We purchased it from Ourisman in Clarksville, MD. We have put about 2500 miles on it in 4 weeks. I have been a Mopar fan since I was 15. My first car was a 69 Charger 383 purchased back in 1980 which I still own. I also have a 68 HEMI Charger R/T restoration project, 2004 HEMI Durango SLT and a 2006 HEMI Charger R/T. When I met my wife she owned a 2004 Nissan Sentra. We recently gave that vehicle to one of our daughters to replace her old 2000 Cavalier. We had looked at some low mileage used cars such as a Saturn Sky. A Sky may have been nice but for a daily driver with little to no warranty we kept looking. Plus with 7 grand kids a two seater wasn't practical. I wanted to keep it in the Mopar family but it was going to be her daily driver so I wanted her to be happy. We thought about replacing our troublesome Durango with a Journey. After driving a friends Journey and renting one on a trip I am glad we passed it up. They both had a shimmy at highway speed. Then we look at the Fiat 500. A nice little car but I don't think I would have been comfortable on long trips. We finally decided on the Dart. She would have been fine with a base Dart. We usually keep our vehicles for a good while so I convinced her to spend a little extra and get all the bells and whistles. She had been spoiled by the sunroof and heated seats in my Charger so that convinced her to go with it all. We drove the 1.4 with the dual clutch. I was not impressed with the shifting in that car. It was a Carmax vehicle with a few thousand miles. It seemed to be guessing for the right gear too much. A manual with the Turbo may be fine but she needed an auto. So far we both love the Dart. I miss some of the features like the back up camera when I drive my Charger. Sadly the Durango has become expensive to keep. It can tow my enclosed car trailer but the new Durango will not. I like the Ram pickups but an SUV is more practical when hauling a lot of people and stuff. I am keeping an I out for a used Suburban 2500. How I wish Ram would make a Suburban type vehicle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm not convinced the DD clutchs are all that great. I've heard more bad than good with them. Besides I love shifting the gears myself, I feel like I'm actually driving the car. Anyway welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the FORUMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

And congrats on your Dart....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts