Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to get an oil change at the dealership...on the way there, ironically, my CEL came on...I had them check it and I was told the code was for cylinder misfire and they would need to replace the engine...I've heard that others have had this issue but their dealer just replaced the coil or plugs but eventually it misfires again. I was soooo scared buying a dodge bc I'm from a honda family but I traded my 2000 accord V6 for the 2013 dart sxt 2.0 thinking that since it was brand new I'd be ok...now 8, 000 miles later I wish I had bought another honda. I will never be completely comfortable driving this car from here on....they gave me a rental 2014 charger SE which isn't bad, wish I could trade the dart for one but I know I can't afford to do that...so I am waiting and very disappointed with dodge and kicking myself for leaving honda...hindsight truly is 20/20 : (

· Banned
106 Posts
I hear you, I had a 2008 Chevy Cobalt with 55,000 miles on it , it was in showroom condition. My mechanic told me it was going to be time to start sinking serious money into it, brakes, shocks , sway bars, battery, tires etc. So I decided to trade it on a 2013 New Dart. I love this car but there have been so many little problems that the dealer cant figure out right away or when they do, it takes up to two weeks to get parts. I had a blower motor blow, a cooling system leak, all beginning at 5,000 miles. In fact I had the car back 3 times for the cooling system, one more time its a lemon. If I were you Id make Chrysler give you a NEW CAR, not just a New Engine! As far as Charger goes my son bought one and it was terrible. He got rid of it after 2 years. Chrysler makes and sells beautiful cars like the Dart that their technicians don't know how to service. Actually they assemble cars. The Darts body and engine are Alfa Romeo/Fiat, the transmission is Hyundai. It is not a domestic automobile. Mine was assembled in Canada lol. Anyway Good Luck!!! My son told me when I bought the Dart........ with Mopar you got No Car........... maybe he's right, mine was in the shop 3 times at 3 days each time to fix a simple cooling system leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.