Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i finally went to my local exhaust shop and let them play with the dart and for $200 i think i got my money worth from it

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
How does it sound? Aggressive without being obnoxious? I don't like the hole tuner sounds like its at the track when it is just driving normal.

Looks good. You don't have the dual exhaust valance so it is discrete also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds much better without the header on it, growls at wot and has a nice rumble when downshifting, i have noticed that i can stay in first and creep in a parking lot without it surging like it used to

·
Registered
768 Posts
What do you mean (without the header on it)? A header is an after market exhaust manifold? I don't think you mean't that you are running without an exhaust manifold. Did you put a stock exhaust manifold back on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i had an aftermarket header that i took off and put the stock manifold back on

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why did you remove the header? I know there isn't a whole lot you can do for the 2.0L

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i felt that it took away from the low end too much for my liking and the exhaust sounded like a honda, after going back to factory manifold low end power is back and mileage is a little better than it used to be, so the cat back work was worth it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for your insight,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a magnaflow catback that I got from 4wheelonline. It's a bit pricey but that sound is really good. It has a nice deep tone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had bought the flowmaster DBX dual exhaust for my 2.0l. Sounds great and can feel the difference, just had to cut my valence to get the other pipe out to add the tips. Picked up the cat back from modern performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts