Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I logged into Dodge's Customer website and added my VIN to my list of vehicles.

They have a listing there for "ENGINE TORQUE ROD BOLT" with a link to the PDF. The PDF link is broken. I called my local Chrysler dealer and they had not heard of this one. They looked it up and saw that there was a recall in the system but it has not been fully released yet and that I should expect a notification in the mail.

They did not have any additional detail on the recall notice except they implied that a new bolt is needed.

I wanted to share the information that there would be a recall coming out for some Dodge Darts.

Mine is a 1.4L w/ Turbo built on 10/13/2012. (not sure if that makes a difference but it is a possible indicator if there is a date range released later on.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
10/13/2013 hasn't arrived yet

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thank you Sir

·
Registered
9 Posts
quarky42 - I have one that was built at the same time and the recall applies to my Dart. Also, the Turbo went out on mine last weekend while driving in TN. So my Red Dart will be in the shop for awhile now......

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just got my recall notice in the mail today,,,,, Looks like a trip to the dealer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received the same recall notice and I have a 2.0L Automatic. I haven't had it done yet, but will soon since my check engine light came on, plus I've had radio problems from the beginning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2.0, but haven't received anything in the mail and mine is in the shop every 3 weeks for some [email protected]#$! that they cant seem to duplicate. Such as the air conditioning just turns off and turns to heat and then comes back on, and it sounds like when you hit a pot hole or uneven pavement, it feels like the bottom of the car is gonna fall out. They told me everything was tight in the suspension and the a/c was normal characteristics of the car and I just cant accept that. So I called corporate. They seem to want to take care of it but now I have to drive it 40 miles away because they don't want the dealership where I bought it and have been having it serviced at to repair the vehicle. Such a night mare for a brand new car to be behaving this way and no one has any answers. The Bluetooth sucks, voice recognition is worthless, I don't even use it. Already had to have some type of power window regulator repaired, transmission work and now my tires are defective and only has 20,000 miles on her. Has anyone else experienced any of this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know if it helps any but i was notified two months ago about this recall and ive already had my checked out and the said nothing was wrong with it.. only thing they said about it was that the bolt in question may not have been torqued down properly from the factory..

I have the 1.4 turbo manual trans

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1.4 L Turbo Manual, I have the same issue with my air, it randomly turns on and off, and my tires went to metal at 25k miles, My car likes to randomly shut off when I take sharp turns and U-turns, anyone else get this? I brought it back, but they pretty much seemed to ignore half of my problems.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Welcome to the disgruntled Dart owners club. I have never seen a new car that looks so great, run so poorly and be so defective. And the dealers are so uncaring about fixing all the problems. They like to fix them or try to fix them one at a time, spread over weeks and months. The service manager acts like he's on crack. And everything is a study needs to be done, or they need to talk to their reps at the factory. I have never had a new car need to go in for repairs so often. This is a 10 month old car with 12,000 miles on it. I'm ready for the lemon law lawyer ......... NOW!!!! Seems like this car will never be right. Coolant leaks, bearing failure in the blower motor, rattling in the sound system, and on and on............with MOPAR....... you got NOCAR

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the disgruntled Dart owners club. I have never seen a new car that looks so great, run so poorly and be so defective. And the dealers are so uncaring about fixing all the problems. They like to fix them or try to fix them one at a time, spread over weeks and months. The service manager acts like he's on crack. And everything is a study needs to be done, or they need to talk to their reps at the factory. I have never had a new car need to go in for repairs so often. This is a 10 month old car with 12,000 miles on it. I'm ready for the lemon law lawyer ......... NOW!!!! Seems like this car will never be right. Coolant leaks, bearing failure in the blower motor, rattling in the sound system, and on and on............with MOPAR....... you got NOCAR
I've never seen so many displeased people with a car. I know some people are having issues with their Darts, but I've had mine for 11k miles and have had no issues with it at all. I have the Injen Cold Air Intake and Intercooler piping. Custom exhaust and the sprint booster. No problems at all and the car is so much stronger with the after market parts. I'm sorry for the problems everyone else is having and I know if asked they would all say the same thing, that they baby their car. Seems like there's always a lot of info left out in the "my car sucks" department....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 1 2013 SXT 1.4 turbo. My Turbo went out, shutter actuator, Factory flawed paint such as drips Runs and fisheyes. fought tooth and nail with service and then got a Dodge rep involved. they extended my warranty to 5 years 100,000 miles and a 3 year service contract. All fixed accept the paint I like my car but never again with Dodge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts