Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been looking up info on my new Dart for a while now, and it's always bringing me here, so i decided to make an account!

I am a proud leaser of a 2015 Dodge Dart GT, and i absolutely love it so much!
The only problem is, i want more horsepower out of it.

I just leased it Nov 22, 2014, and it's a two year lease, but i love it so much already that i want to buy it.

Should I wait until my lease is up and buy it, and then mod it to have more horsepower, or should i just wait until the SRT version of the Dart comes out (if it does), and then buy that?
Also, I wanted to get a manual, but i've never driven a manual before so i got an Automatic. But if you guys say i should wait to get the new Dart instead, then i will definitely be getting a manual.
I use the AutoStick all the time because it's extremely fun and it's the closest to a Manual i can get as of right now. I also see it as training for a manual trans haha :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
leaser? are you planning to buy this GT? or you gonna get something else? most dealers do not like mods on leases. unless your keeping the car its honestly just a waste of cash.

·
Registered
138 Posts
welcome to the Z. Have a look around, you'll find out stuff you never knew that you needed to know :D

If you're looking for more go, then you might be better off waiting for the '16 model years when the new(er) engines come out, unless you're like me and don't like to buy first year runs.

When all the dust settles, you're the one who will have to live with it. Do what you feel is best for your situation.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since the SRT for the Dart is coming out a month after my lease, i might just wait for that, but if it doesn't end up coming out, i'll just buy the Dart at the end of my lease.
Also depends on how much the SRT is also.

I honestly LOVE the heck out of that car, i just want it to go faster. A LOT faster. 184 hp is not enough (for me at least). I'm a speed demon and a thrill seeker.

I have a question, how much hp do you think someone could get out of the 2.4L?

Also would it be cheaper just to buy parts to upgrade my current Dart, or should i just buy the new one when it comes out?

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
I think the issue is the current drive train won't handle a lot of horse power. They'll have to run something a little more beefy when the SRT's come out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alrighty! Well i think ill just wait till the SRT comes out then.
Do you think Dodge will change the style of it like they did with the Charger, or do you think it'll stay the same?

Personally, i hope they keep it the same. I love that mean look that the front fascia gives. It definitely gives off that badass demeanor.
I wouldn't mind these looks though

But i honestly like how it is right now.

Also around how much do you all think it's going to cost?
Just so i know how much to start saving up.

Thanks guys! I apologize for all the questions and the ignorance. I'm just seeing if someone else knows something that i don't already. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts