Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I check the trans fluid on the 6 speed auto?

·
Administrator
1,262 Posts
Have they done the same here as the rest of the Chrysler line up? Transmission tube with the cap and no stick?

·
Registered
768 Posts
The manual says take it to your dealer to check auto trans fluid. I don't think the is an inspection point for casual level checking.
This is what the manual say for the manual trans.
Fluid Level Check​
Check the fluid level by removing the fill plug. The fluid
level should be between the bottom of the fill hole and a
point not more than 3/16 in (4.7 mm) below the bottom​
of the hole.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great...I'm guessing the bottom pan/cover needs to be removed to access the transmission? The doors for the oil change are nice.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but can I just have a simple dipstick that tells me good or hay stupid add fluid? I'm an adult and can make my own choice to add fluid or use my local services to care for my ride. Come on Dodge, does a dipstick cost that much?:cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about everyone else but can I just have a simple dipstick that tells me good or hay stupid add fluid? I'm an adult and can make my own choice to add fluid or use my local services to care for my ride. Come on Dodge, does a dipstick cost that much?:cool:
checking the level is important, but I would like a way to go do fluid analysis without getting under the car.
A simple drip test onto litmus paper will tell you the condition of the fluid and/or contamination.

·
Registered
768 Posts
checking the level is important, but I would like a way to go do fluid analysis without getting under the car.
A simple drip test onto litmus paper will tell you the condition of the fluid and/or contamination.
Haven't seen a dipstick yet that doesn't give you a drip to test every time you pull it out.:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
All the mfg's are going this route, my buddy just bought a new chevy and the same thing, capped off trans. My understanding is these new multi speed auto trans require exact fluid levels, not too much and not to low,certain temp, level ground etc,etc. Guess they feel owners cannot figure this out...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look around online for the info. I have saw info on how to check the fluid levels in these so called "sealed for life" transmissions in other cars. I'm sure somehwhere is a how to for the Dart.

·
Registered
284 Posts
from what i read this is suppose to be a "MAINTENANCE FREE" transmission. sooo what ever that means. dealer it i guess,lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if they r taking away the dipsticks from the tranny's and the ps, it wont be long before they do the same on the crankcase for the motor oil and u have to return to the dealer to have them check the oil level. just saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts