Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife noticed a new noisy on her Dart since it became cold here in TX.
The front pass side (I think) makes a creaking / groaning noise when stationary and the wheel is turned left or right when it's cold.
It almost sounds like a dry ball joint, but being that it only has 11k miles I find that hard to believe.

Once it has been driven for a few miles the noise seems to go away.

Anyone else have this problem or heard this noise?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes I have heard the same thing from the frontend but couldn't really tell what side or if it is both sides. I mostly notice when backing out of the garage in the morning as the car is quiet, no sirius reception in the garage. Having just put the Eibach Sportline springs on my car a week ago I had the front struts out to change the front springs. The top strut/spring mount has a bearing in it to allow the spring to rotate with the steering. Just a feeling I had working on it made me think that the noise I have been hearing is coming from that bearing. Plastic housing, didn't seem smooth. Only has to pivot back and forth 90deg but it should be smoother.

May not be the cause of the noice, but yes my Dart makes that noise while steering.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the information
I haven't really wrenched on the new Dart other than oil changes yet. I will make an appointment to have it looked at under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts