Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see a few dyno runs on line but not much information on the videos. I just got my Dart aero and owning a first gen neon and modding it I expected this car to be hard to mod as far as tuning goes as dodges are just that way. So after getting my car more broke in as I only have about 400 miles on it as of now I will get a base line dyno to post and try to get dyno runs for the future mods. There going to be slow coming though guys as doing just my exhaust is going to cost a fortune as I have to convert the rear valance to duel exhaust cut out before doing the exhaust system and the cost will probably take me 6 months to afford as this is now project car #3 hahaha. Have a few cosmetic mods coming in the future too. I am a little surprised at the lack of info and support for this car. Thought this car would be supported a little more like the SRT4. Going to do as much as I can before I think I am getting in to voiding the factory warranty. Going to try a the basics first, simple cold air intake, cat back and a piggy back style tuner. I have an extended warranty on this thing that't 100K so I might take it to the strip to get some times too to see if the mods improve the 1/4 mile times. If I break something its under warranty right? Going to take some time tell the parts buying starts but I hope you guys enjoy the build that's about to come.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll be curious to see how the torque curve looks stock.
For the most part, I bought mine for the MPG's, not performance. I also came from the Neon community and enjoyed both the MPG's and peformance of the little Neon. I still own 3, all R/T's, one a 2nd gen.
The Dart is quite a bit heavier of a car than the Neon, and of course won't be as fast with smaller mods. And you're starting with such a small motor compared to the SRT4 that your satisfaction is not guaranteed, so to speak. Either way, good luck with your mods.

Cheers!
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.