Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 2.0 L tiger shark is anyone having problems with the oil filter gasket blowing and loosing all the oil. It happened 3 times and about a year and a half ago I changed the oil filter cooler housing $500 later and it seemed alright. I went out Saturday got just out of my driveway and it did it again. Going to my mechanic and going to dealership, I don't expect too much from these shysters but have to try something. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey my car is doing the same thing and changed pcv valve but didnt fix and also tried a mopar filter to but never fixed it did you find a fix? also happens more when its cold
Yes it happened again twice in the beginning of December and your right it's happening when it's cold, usually does it just as I pull out of the driveway. There's a pressure release valve in your oil pan it seems they are malfunctioning. I've been driving with the dipstick out to allow it to release the pressure. It's going in next week to get the release valve changed,. we'll see how that does. I did all the same as you PCV valve different filters I even called Chrysler and of course they've never heard of it. Anyways I'll let you know how it goes. I have had a bit of oil squirt out the dipstick so it is relieving the pressure but not a fix right,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just stopping by to say I've also had this issue.

It's happened about 10 times over the last year and a half, always cold (engine and ambient). If I let the engine run for 10-15 minutes before moving, it doesn't happen.

Always happens when it's in first gear accelerating. Just pops out one side of the gasket and sprays all the oil everywhere.

Did you have any luck with the pressure valve? I'm sick of having to carry my jack, filter and oil with me everywhere lmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it happened again twice in the beginning of December and your right it's happening when it's cold, usually does it just as I pull out of the driveway. There's a pressure release valve in your oil pan it seems they are malfunctioning. I've been driving with the dipstick out to allow it to release the pressure. It's going in next week to get the release valve changed,. we'll see how that does. I did all the same as you PCV valve different filters I even called Chrysler and of course they've never heard of it. Anyways I'll let you know how it goes. I have had a bit of oil squirt out the dipstick so it is relieving the pressure but not a fix right,
Did that work changing that out. I’ve tried everything. Dealership took my money said they hadn’t heard of this problem. 2013 Dodge Dart is what I bought for my son. It’s blew on mine 3 times. I don’t know what to do. It’s costing a lot. They got me for 490$ and it did it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes leaving the dipstick out relieves the pressure and changing the valve seems to have fixed the problem. Chrysler are a bunch of liars, I've been in contact with FCA directly and they're still saying they've never heard of it because they know it should be a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get the Pressure relief valve? I am not able to find it, will replacing the whole oil pump work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts