Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Dart for less than a week and today i watched my neighbor back into it like it wasn't even there. On top of that she looked around then tried to drive off. I caught up to her and got her plates. Now i have to get the front bumper repainted and it will never be the same.....hopefully there is no underlying damage to the shutters or grill.:mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Damn that really sucks.................. moment of sielence........

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had nightmares about that for a week after I bought mine. My wife grazed the BBQ with our car but the scratches buffed out. Feel your pain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That first scratch in a brand new car brings a tear to my eye...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my car for less than a month and already had a few tears.

Not even one week into owning my car on July 4th, I went to a gathering in Los Angeles. For those of you who don't know you park on the street/curb. People were blasting off fireworks all night long. In the morning when I walked back to my car I saw a smokey gray line right across my driver side door. The punks lit a bottle rocket next to my car and ended up hitting my car. Luckily the paint did not get damaged.

This week I went to work and I discovered the curb that is meant for parking is too close to the wall. I tried to scoot forward since ambulances drive through the parking lot and I ended up hitting the curb and the wall at the same time. My car literally bounced off and rolled backwards. I quickly jumped out to inspect the front bumper and again luckily there was no damage.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I try to park with imoveable objects between my car and my wife. She managed to hit my neon twice. So I am being really careful not to give any opportunities with my new dart. But then I did manage to cut the corner in the driveway a little tight not seeing the little rolling garden stool with the big metal tractor seat. Small scratch mid way up the passenger door. Wanted to punch something so bad but it really hurts when you beat yourself up. First scratch is always the worst.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Luckily since it's so new, a decent automotive painter shouldn't have much trouble blending the new with the old since the paint hasn't had a chance to really fade… but since you're dealing with urethane and plastics instead of actual paint, it's hard to match the factory's process. It sucks though, I had my 2010 civic for about a week when my buddy and I were backing out of parking spots opposite from one another and I had just had my windows tinted and neglected to really check behind me… his ford ranger didn't have a scratch, but his trailer hitch ordered me a new trunk assembly :( … never the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts