Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently debating on what to do for intake well I finally found a cheap way to change the way the stock box robs from the car and boy does it sound good.. almost like a tornado effect and she def pushes harder... I found the spectre cone filter which unlike the k&n does not have a cap on the end... got rid of the entire air box and left the tube which fed to the air box and aimed the cone so the air gets sucked right into the cone and makes a mean sound and def notice the difference...all for $29.99

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try and post pics soon def tell the difference and got almost 4 mpg... already paid for it self!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
post some pics please

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
poor mans mod pics

I finally got a few pics not the best but hopefully you can see how it took most all the bends out of it... the ram air tube is goin directly into the air intake ...

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
i tried the same with my GT. i bought the spectre bends and crack vent tube pipe. and installed the same roughtly. i loved the sound and what not, but the block gets so hot that it melted the spectre tube and well i took mine off till i can get the real injen. thats just my experience. for us NA guys the tubes are plastic at the store and cause some... problems.lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats crazy it melted that ... i hooked my spectre cone into the original tube by basically using 3 inches from a coffee mug..lol works like a charm ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I found best is the spectre filter and tubing but then buy the rubber piece from www.turbohoses.com. They've got the right material, it won't melt. I went through a few different ones before this. $30 for the rubber piece ontop of the spectre pieces, way cheaper than injen!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did you attach it to the stock hose? It seems a little flimsy...I want to do the same to mine. Just don't have the money to spend on the full injen intake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alright I figured out a great way to attach the filter. I went to autozone and got the same filter. Then I used an exhaust adaptor that went from 2" and flared out to 2 1/4" then tightened the filter on the bigger end. The smaller fit straight in the stock tube. Boy does it sound great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts