Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, 1/4/14, I had the gas door fixed on my Dart GT. Apparently this is an issue with a few Darts where the leading edge of the door is raised about 1/4" from the body. The repair order listed the repair as "replace fuel door housing as per TSB". No number was listed but the part number is 68090635AI. Its only a $15 part online but it did the trick!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks for the info steve. Mine is doing this. Was it a no charge warranty or did you have to pay the $15 bucks for the part?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No charge. Only 250 miles on car when I brought it in but I googled the part number when I got home :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I noticed the front side of my fuel door sticks out and I cant for the life of me get it to stay flush with the car. maybe ill call the dealer and see what they can do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine just got replaced an hour ago. looks good now :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great to here. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
30 Posts
*update* now the door don't open and I have to use the emergency release.. gotta call em and see if there is a connection somewhere..

Just check before you leave and make sure it powers open..

·
Registered
768 Posts
*update* now the door don't open and I have to use the emergency release.. gotta call em and see if there is a connection somewhere..

Thanks for letting us know. I would not have remembered the emergency release and would have been pissed off at the pump.:confused:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dennis has added some more info regarding this issue in a different thread. After reading his update, looking at my gas door and talking to my dealer today I am in agreement with him. My dealer says they will replace it and they have had pretty good luck doing that I would do just as well to glue fix it myself. I still have time on my warrenty so I will wait and see as mine is not to bad yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Emergency release

Hi all, I was just wondering where this emergency release is?;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts