Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::confused::confused::confused: so i just put in ym DartMadness shortram intake. And im not really certin yet, but i really think i took a big drop in my MPG's. I have the limited so the dash will show my MPG while driving .... and if im shifting at 2500-3000 RPMs im doing whats said to be like 10-12 MPG. i dont believe it was that low stock. Any input??

·
Registered
193 Posts
anyone do a comparison of stock vs CAI, or stock vs K&N drop in?
Right now the Dart is averaging 30mpg around town and 35-38mpg highway (at 70), I'm trying to add to that a little.
I definitely don't want to drop 2 bills on a CAI that doesn't work if they $40 drop in will get the same end result.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The drop in filter wont do what the CAI does. The drop in is more free flowing yes, but it's still hidden in a box, in the hot engine bay. The cold air intake is in the fender well getting that fresh outside air from all around since it's not in an intake box.

To the OP: I fairly confident in saying that the short ram intake is not costing you MPG. That goes against how an engine works. More air = more power, which is made by being more efficient which = better MPG. Although my in dash instant read MPG is pretty spot on, I wouldn't trust it completely. Figure your mileage the old fashion way for a couple of tanks and see what that does. Also remember with aftermarket parts our foot tends to be a little heavier in the beginning ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey OP, id say get your foot out of the peddal,lol. thats whats killing your miles,lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts