Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I think all GT owners know how much you feel the road in this vehicle. It's great when I'm driving on a relatively smooth surface, but this is rarely the case in the real world.

I'm wondering, is there any way to get the ride quality of the luxury sedan without negatively impacting the existing handling of the GT (which I absolutely love)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, so its not just me then. I took my car back to the dealer today because the ride was literally making me sick. I've owned Corvettes with the performance Z51 suspension and they were no wheres near as harsh as my Dart.

Is it possible the springs from the other Dart models would be a little less jarring?

Oh yeah the mechanic said my tires were over inflated and set them at 36. It actually helped a lot!

·
Registered
284 Posts
dude this is the sporty version of the car. the handling is due to the harder spring rates and thus lowering this rate will impact the handling. you cant have your cake and eat it too. so to say.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In theory at least, the BC coilover setup is adjustable for ride height without a change in damping or spring rate. I just wish I knew of anybody who has spring for the BC coilover setup to see how well they ride. I'm kind of curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You could get coilovers with custom spring rates (Eibach has any rate you could imagine), and then compensate for the lack of spring rate by using larger swaybars.

This will yeild softer ride, while keeping the car flat in turns.

Cheers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, tru enough. I ordered my BC's for my Neon with custom softer spring rates. Wasn't worried about flat cornering. It was a work car, so....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts