·
Registered
269 Posts
looks good!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nine and a half bucks. One can of plasti dip. 6 inches wide. its been on for bout two weeks and everyone thinks its vinyl. just wanted to see what it would look like. I think I want to do Lace paint or something dif.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Like the rallye stripes and the black wheels deffinently make it. I'm thinkin red stripe on black. Anyone done red on black?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen dark blue on black and it looked great. Also saw yellow on red the other day, not so good, to 90s for me. ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dude, your dipped wheels look sooo much better than mine! Nice job!

I'm going to peel and re-dip.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ohhhh wow, so that is permanent then right? It seriously looks like they were professionally powdercoated!

Even though I used the glossifier plasti dip I feel like my wheels could look more glossy and less flat, but it has been raining like crazy here, so they're probably dirty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had planned on buying 18" wheels later. Plasti dip seems to attract dust like a mother.... dupli-color makes a wheel paint that works great. Threw some gloss on top and was very happy with the way they came out. I spent a lot of time on the prep too, think that helped.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well whatever you did worked b/c they look perfect! Yeah, and PD attracts dust/dirt like crazy! Time to go see the powdercoater...

·
Registered
768 Posts
I hadn't thought of a non color like silver. I like the suttle stealth look though. I know how suttle is red. Maybe a dark gray almost slate. I wish there was an app like schwabs wheels where you could see what different assessories look like on your color car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats why I used plasti dip. i can change shape, size and color. If I dont like it, I just peel it off and try again. they make a gun metal gray that i think would look bad ass. If you use white make sure to lay down at least one coat of gray or it will run. let me know if you need help. I have dipped a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just throwing out this crazy idea.... Gold on Red.... You can have you own Iron Man car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I almost got the red... but went white instead. So, I love the red (even though white is better! ;) HA) I, personally, am not a fan of the stripe, but it does look good on that red.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts