Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be dropping the Dart off this evening for the dealership to determine what the cause of the noise coming from the front end of the steering system is on the wife's Dart.
When backing out of the driveway it sounds like a metal to metal squeak, or creek, when turning the wheel one way or the other. Doesn't seem to do it when warm, only when cold.
For that reason, I'll be dropping it off overnight so they can test it in the morning. I don't want be dropping coin for new suspension pieces once it's outside of the 3/36 warranty.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out both the front struts are faulty, and would only squeak when cold due to a lubrication issue.
The struts are going to take 1-3 weeks to come in as they are on national back order.
Dealer will replace the struts, the rain sensor, and some other problem they found under warranty all at the same time.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That is good to here. Mine have been doing the same thing for a long time. I wonder if my dealer will give me grief because I have aftermarket springs?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Today, my 2013 Dart started vibrating in the front end which can be felt in the steering column and steering wheel. It is most noticeable at speeds under 35 mph. The vibration can actually been seen across the top of the dashboard and at times rattles the dashboard. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Someone with a Charger told me that they experienced the same thing and it was a cracked steering column and a broken sway bar. This car has 26,000 miles on it, has never been hit topside or underneath, and is in showroom condition. I am going to get it back to the dealer. Anyone else here experiencing this problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed just today pulling into a parking space that the steering made the squeaking sound while turning the wheel and not moving, I guess I will have the dealer check my struts , wonder what causes this on the Challenger? makes the same sounds...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today, my 2013 Dart started vibrating in the front end which can be felt in the steering column and steering wheel. It is most noticeable at speeds under 35 mph. The vibration can actually been seen across the top of the dashboard and at times rattles the dashboard. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Someone with a Charger told me that they experienced the same thing and it was a cracked steering column and a broken sway bar. This car has 26,000 miles on it, has never been hit topside or underneath, and is in showroom condition. I am going to get it back to the dealer. Anyone else here experiencing this problem? Thanks!
sounds like a wheel out of balance.

I noticed just today pulling into a parking space that the steering made the squeaking sound while turning the wheel and not moving, I guess I will have the dealer check my struts , wonder what causes this on the Challenger? makes the same sounds...
Not sure, my 2010 is still quiet with almost 30k on the odo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts