Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here so just remember I am new to this. My name is Ethan and I just purchased a black 2014 Dart 2.4. 2 days in and I have already de-baged the trunk, switched all interior lights to bright white LED's along with license plate light, and tonight I am tinting the headlights, painting the fog light accents black and tinting the fog lights with yellow film. I am looking for a new grill, one without the Dodge emblem and without the crossthreads. Any ideas? I also work for Chrysler, so I have a lot of info on the stock/factory parts. Thanks for reading, let me know if you have any suggestions for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Congrats on your new Dart. Sounds like you are headed in a good direction so far. Can't tint headlights in WA, some people do though. Be sure to post up some pics as you progress with your customization.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates! I will get pictures up soon, I have been working 140 hours every two weeks so I lose daylight haha. Blacked out the fog light accents last night and looks great. I will have pictures up soon! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That looks great! Did you cut your tint to only cover the clear part of the lenses?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually taped off the clear lens and used a spray called Night Shade. Works awesome. Did three coats. I let it sit for about 12 hours and I just pressure washed it to see if it held on and it did like a champ! The Dodge emblem is just plastidip for now. Here she is sprayed down a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thats cool. Looks good. I have some Night Shade I used to tint the tail lights on my old Neon. Didn't really like how it turned out though. When you spray it on red lenses it has a purlpe apperence that just didn't give the effect I was looking for. But again that was on a red lense not clear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far so good!

Here is what I've got so far; clear lense tint on tailights, matte black Dodge emblem on rear, matte black exhaust tips, tinted the windows, no more antenna, tinted headlights and blacked out the fog light accents. Hope you guys like it! My new grill and mudflaps are on their way.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! Do you have the racetrack lights? If so please take a pic with the lights on.
tried to get at different angles the glare is bad lol but what you think at night you get only see the lights and during the day all you see is the dark black I love it haven't seen any other dart around my way look anything like mine at all mot are all stock 100%

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts