Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that straight piping an NA engine is not the best idea, I would like to do something similar. I like the loud raspy sound that it generates. On my old neon I had a dual vibrant exhaust but it wasn't very loud and it was an auto so it was boring.

I have the six speed and would like to increase the exhaust sound as loud as possible on my NA. What would you recommend? How could I account for the backpressure needed and still get loud?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know that straight piping an NA engine is not the best idea, I would like to do something similar. I like the loud raspy sound that it generates. On my old neon I had a dual vibrant exhaust but it wasn't very loud and it was an auto so it was boring.

I have the six speed and would like to increase the exhaust sound as loud as possible on my NA. What would you recommend? How could I account for the backpressure needed and still get loud?
Not my cup of tea, but if you leave the catalytic converters in place and swap (or delete) mufflers you should get the sound level you are looking for without effecting mileage.
I don't know that you'll be happy with the interior sound level tho.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts