Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a total newbie when it comes to performance upgrades. Never done it before, and for the most part I don't understand what people are talking about when they say things like "cat back exhaust". So, I'm hoping for some help :)

When performance mods are released for the 2014 2.4L, I'd like to get something that fits these requirements:
- No extra maintenance required
- Won't have a huge impact on MPG
- Won't void warranty (I'll get parts installed at dealership)
- Will have some noticeable performance difference to my driving experience
- Fits in $2500 budget

What do you suggest purchasing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
completely agree with @OrangeGT . I'm not sure when RoadRace's CAI for the 2.4's are coming, but I would wait for that one if at all possible.

if you cannot wait, get the injen 2.0l version, NOT the 2.4 version.

·
Registered
284 Posts
OH, i should also mention that with my mods, my GT was getting 34-36mpg HWY at 70-75mph on a semi non stop trip from VA to MI and when i was traveling back at 60-65mph i was getting 38mpg. not on the TFT screen but at the pump calculations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish a simple tuner were availible. I had a 2010 RAM 1500 Qd cab 5.7L Hemi. I had the Diablo sport intune that was rated at 30 HP and 35 Tq. So, it would have 'if correct" given me 420 Hp and 442 Tq in the RAM. It did make a huge difference. I would jump on it before i tuned it and it would chirp the tires a bit, I kept the traction control on with and without the tune. After I tuned it I went out on an open no traffic road. I came to a stop and sat for a second. Put my foot on break and put the other foot over the gas and at the same time released break and stomped on gas. Holy Crap!!! It scared me. I left a patch of rubber almost three times the RAMs lenghth. It was awesome!!! Not saying it would be the same for the Dart, by no means, but every HP and TQ helps,lol. I also had a MOPAR CAI on the RAM as well, so I may have had 425-430 HP, all I knew was I loved it,lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wish a simple tuner were availible. I had a 2010 RAM 1500 Qd cab 5.7L Hemi. I had the Diablo sport intune that was rated at 30 HP and 35 Tq. So, it would have 'if correct" given me 420 Hp and 442 Tq in the RAM. It did make a huge difference. I would jump on it before i tuned it and it would chirp the tires a bit, I kept the traction control on with and without the tune. After I tuned it I went out on an open no traffic road. I came to a stop and sat for a second. Put my foot on break and put the other foot over the gas and at the same time released break and stomped on gas. Holy Crap!!! It scared me. I left a patch of rubber almost three times the RAMs lenghth. It was awesome!!! Not saying it would be the same for the Dart, by no means, but every HP and TQ helps,lol. I also had a MOPAR CAI on the RAM as well, so I may have had 425-430 HP, all I knew was I loved it,lol
the dart has a RELIABLE tuner available now. the RRM Spectrum tuner is out and is being "REVAMPED" for the 2.4 specific applications. RRM informs me that the current gains are good throughout the ENTIRE RPM range, but im not able to get one till tax time. with the gains my friend Aya53 has told me of with his 2.0 tuner. i cant wait for the 2.4 version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dart 2.4 newbie

So - is it fair to say that the first mod I should make to my new Dart with the 2.4 - is the Road Race Motorsports pulley and spectrm tuner? I think they are priced together at $589.

thanks,

·
Registered
284 Posts
So - is it fair to say that the first mod I should make to my new Dart with the 2.4 - is the Road Race Motorsports pulley and spectrm tuner? I think they are priced together at $589.

thanks,
yup, but remember ANY mods you do after the Spectrum is installed, you have to redo the 100 mile readjustment stage for it to account for the new mods. but yes id say if you have the cash, that be the first step.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks Orange.

Has anyone tried the GForce performance chips? Are they worth the $70 the charge? They make some big promises ....
if your talking about that thing on EBAY. its garbage. anything felt would be placebo effect. remember this, you get what you pay for. your willing to pay 70 for soemthing that is suppose to alter your ECU?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts