Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a Dart this weekend. I have 160k on my 2007 Dodge Caliber, 5sp manual, original clutch - hoping to get as much use out of the Dart!!

I got 160k out of a 1988 Dodge Shadow that had a 2.2L and a 5sp manual. I am going to get Blue - pretty excited about it.

My favorite care ever is a 1970 Dodge Super Bee.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Thanks for joining us. If you have been reading the threads on this forum you have probable read a lot of good and bad depending on the thread and who is posting. The Dart is a great car in my opinion. That being said even mine had a problem with a control module that maintains power for memory on radio, heater setting and clock. I have a great Dealer that took care of it. I am currently having neusence warnings of traction control. It seems to be temperature related as it only happens when it is hot out. I thought it might be a wheel bearing going out increasing the wheel sensor gap but I am not getting any other indicators so I will be questioning the dealer at my next service.
I love how my Dart looks, drives and the comfort features of the interior. And I don't see 50 a day like the fords or kias.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Guys, I really love my 2013 Dart too, but I have 22,000 miles on it and I had nothing but problems since it had 7,000 miles on it. Cooling system leaks, radio, and AC/ heater blower noise were the worst. I also had loose bolts in the transmission. I love this car but I am at the threshold for lemon law. I am afraid that after the warranty runs out this car will nickel and dime me to death. I did not buy the cheapest model and my Dart is nicely equipped not stripped. Its a darn shame Chrysler could not find someone other than Fiat to produce this car. I am sitting here with a beautiful automobile, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and lemon law this car.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ from FL!
It's good to have you with us, thanks for joining.

I would totally have a Dart if I didn't have my car.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wait a bit if you can. Its going to get a lot better I bet! I would buy mine all over again given the chance. It sounds like some good stuff coming in the next gen Dart too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 2007 cailiber has 160k on the original clutch - I have 9 days before the inspection expires, it needs struts, brakes, and the clutch - I spoke to my Dad's friend that had a Dart for 2 years and did not have a single issue. My dad said to buy it, I have had good luck with my little Dodges. 160k on my 88 shadow and 160k on my 2007 Caliber. I worked for GM in between and had 4 chevrolets and averaged 120k miles on them.

So I am going for a Blue SE with a manual. and then I will get rims. I am getting the roof rack and the receiver hitch so I can haul my kayak and my bikes.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Cool man. I think you will be happy. I love mine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the clutch on the Dart was horrible and the dealership was worse, bought a 2014 Chevy cruze with a 6spd manual - very happy.

Dart looked better and had a better interior, but the cruze drives way better and came with 3 years of free oil changes and tire rotations. And free state inspection for life (just the sticker - but that is 59 a year!)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Glad you took time and are happy with your choice.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Good Luck, great choice, I wish I had stayed with Chevy, I traded my 2008 Chevy Cobalt on my 2013 Dart. I should have stayed with GM, or went to Toyota or Honda. But who knew? The Dart looked great and drove like a dream. What a nightmare it became

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really like my 2014 Dart Limited. The Dart is a good little car. You can get a bad auto in any make, from any manufacturer. Good luck with what ever you choose to buy.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Correction Please, YOUR DART may be a good little car, However, mine and many other folks on here have proven not to be such good little cars. True you can get a bad car from any brand. The difference is that other brands stand behind their product much better than Chrysler. Other brands are made much better to begin with, and you don't need to take other brands back over and over for the same repairs replacing the original inferior part for a new inferior part. Mopar for life made a wise choice not buying a Dart, and probably has saved himself endless headaches. Just watch as a lot of others do the same, and Chryslers sales continue to plummet. I am pleased to see others have decided not to patronize Chrysler and send them the message to make a quality automobile or go out of the auto industry. I'm betting they choose to go out, or stop making Dart. Either way they will be doing the car buying public a true service. I only wish I would have come on this site and saw all the problems with the Dart as Mopar for life did, and just as he did, I would have purchased a competitors brand just as he did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts