Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. well i have had my dart all of one week and it still has les than 500 miles on it but im all ready thinking about modifying it. i dont know if any one has tried yet but i was wondering if any one would know if the exhaust manifold on a 2.0 neon would bolt up to the tigershark engine. i know the exhaust on the neon is in the back and the dart is in the front. but i just need to know if the bolt pattern is the same. so that my ideas may come to light if not then i need to rethink my strategy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
good luck on getting parts for the Dart yet. The local autozone here doesn't even stock the spark plugs, or atleast they don't know what kind the 2.0 takes.

I thought the 'Tigershark' was the 2.4?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contrary to popular belief the tigershark 2.0 and the 2.0 world engine (neon motor) have quite a few simularitys. Essentially the block is the same design. Now it is made of aluminum with cast sleeves. But I can take a neon head and it should bolt right up. The biggest difference from what I'm told by Chrysler is the place ment of the head and the addition of a timing chane vs belt. Ie the neon had the exhaust placed in the rear of the engine compartment and the dart has the exhaust in the front of the engine compartment. And thanks to a friend of mine that is currently training at chrysler academy to work on Chrysler vehicles found out that the neon exhaust manifold dose bolt directly up to the tigershark engine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I assume you are wanting to add forced induction to you NA 2.0? How are you going to add fuel to compensate for the increase in air? Stand alone fuel management? I am not aware of any tuners that are available for the Dart 2.0 yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts