Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We have a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT. The front tires are pretty worn down on the outside and inside of the tires. Middle still has some tread. We have 12k+ miles on the car. Is this normal?
Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sounds like under inflation. Wouldn't think you would have a lot of wear at 12K. I have 12K on my SXT and there isn't hardly any wear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tire pressure notification on the car has only notified us twice. Once at about 6k miles and then it notified us at 11k. I have a compressor so as soon as the car gives us the notification, I put air in the tires. I guess I shouldn't totally rely on the car sensor's then. I'm hoping the wear is just under inflation.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm not a tire expert. Have you talked to one of your local tire stores for help. You can ask them to check your tire pressure and then compare to what your pressure sensors are reading. It might be something else causing the wear to. It just sounds excessive for the mileage you have on the car. Your not autocrossing are you?:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to a local tire shop and he never mentioned anything about under inflation. He wanted to check the alignment and the camber. He mentioned something to the fact that the manufacturer may have it that way since it is a sports car.
In a nutshell, he only wanted money from me and not really help me. It sucks that you can't trust any mechanic shop these days.

·
Registered
768 Posts
WOW, sorry to here your experience! Pretty unprofessional. Or he didn't even have a calibrated pressure gage. Customer service and willingness to help a customer understand thier trouble goes so much further than just trying to sell services. Even if he is right I think I would go someplace else for help.
Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't go to Any of these tire shops/quick lube places, they will usually nickel and dime you unless you're already buying something. Take it to a dodge dealership and ask a technician, not a service writer. Like David said, it's more than likely just under inflation. Also, check the year of your tires as well on the sidewall, anything older than 4 years with that amount of miles means they probably just swapped your tires out for some cores to make a fast buck off the new ones. Older tires wear faster Dealerships can be CROOK-ED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts