Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy memorial day to all.

The wife's Dart is approaching 30k miles, which means it's almost due for a transmission service.
Since the transmission has no dipstick, where do I refill it once I drop the pan & change the filter? Furthermore, how do I check the level to ensure it's correct?

· Registered
768 Posts
The manual states that trans fluid and filter should be changed at 60k or 6 years on the 2.0 and 2.4 automatics.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, i would like to change it sooner than that since it has been operated under 'extreme driving conditions'.
Has no one done this?

· Registered
768 Posts
I haven't heard anyone talk about doing thier own trans service. A lot of talk about lack of dipstick and no way to check. I am sure you can. My guess is they want it to be a dealer service item, why there isn't a dipstick. It is probably a measured amount and the dealer probably has a special tool to confirm the fill amount.

· Registered
10 Posts
No dipstick means dealer only service...sealed unit..I do not recommend you do this yourself..too many pitfalls....and iif it has a warranty they will void it iin a heartbeat if they discover someone has been messing with the trans.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dipstick means dealer only service...sealed unit..I do not recommend you do this yourself..too many pitfalls....and iif it has a warranty they will void it iin a heartbeat if they discover someone has been messing with the trans.
3/36 bumper to bumper, 5/50 powertrain if I remember right.
Is it 'sealed' or just a pain in the ass?

· Registered
768 Posts
I here you. I like to know that my ride is being taken care of and sometimes that means doing it yourself. My guess is that it is sealed, meaning shouldn't need anything between service interval. You just need to find out the amount to add with filter and what the manufacturer wants to put in it. If you document the service and do it per manufacturer recommendations it won't void the warranty. Nothing in your warranty says you have to let the dealer do the work. It just says you have to maintain the vehicle as specified by the manufacturer. Believe me I know a lot of us can do that better than some of the techs the dealers have working for them and feel better about it when we do it. Hope you find the info you need to do your service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.