Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my dart with the auto transmission for practical reasons. My plan for the car is to turn it into a track car and I want to change to a manual transmission and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to go about changing the transmission.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think you will spend more trying to convert to manual than if you bought the manual in the first place. Don't take what I'm saying wrong. If you can find a donor totaled car to get everything you need may be doable. It might be easier to try and trade in for a manual car and build from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you will spend more trying to convert to manual than if you bought the manual in the first place. Don't take what I'm saying wrong. If you can find a donor totaled car to get everything you need may be doable. It might be easier to try and trade in for a manual car and build from there.
I think your idea of a donor car might be the most feasible solution as it will be a long while before I even get around to that since I have the extended warranty I'm waiting for that to run out before I really do anything.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I used to say people who drove autos were lazy. I enjoy driving and shifting is def part of the whole experience. I test drove the manual before I bought and it did drive good but I ended up going for the auto that had a lot more of the options that I wanted.

Have you raced before?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i think if your trying to turn the 1.4 into a track car, you got the wrong layout completely.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Too much hassle if you ask me. Ud need the trans ,pedals ,slave cyl, wiring harness , comp for the manual shifter and linkages. And prolly a bunch of other stuff I forgot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to say people who drove autos were lazy. I enjoy driving and shifting is def part of the whole experience. I test drove the manual before I bought and it did drive good but I ended up going for the auto that had a lot more of the options that I wanted.

Have you raced before?
I haven't raced before but I can see it being something I could get into given the opportunity.

·
Registered
30 Posts
at first I thought this post was to put an abarth trans in the dart for a 5 speed rather than six. but I think that is a big swap to go into. lots of parts like stated above gotta be changed..

-WR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts