Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my dart on a long haul last weekend and the turbo went out on my in the mountains. It is now at the dealers and they can see the old code for loss of compression but it is ok now. I guess if you live in TN then a Dart isn't a good choice. ARGHHHH!!!
:(:mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry to hear about the troubles! Did you happen to have that "free horsepower" mod done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my turbo go out as well. My car would barely move. Took it to a dealership. They ran the codes said they fixed it. Same thing happened again an took it to another dealership. They found that they y pipe coming out of the turbo, the clamp was loose, retightened the clamp and hasn't happened again. Mind you I'm deployed overseas and am not currently able to drive it :( can't wait another few months!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after many trips to the Dealer and getting Detroit on the phone, they have now replaced my Turbo. I have made a couple of trips from Chicago to St. Louis with no issues. Of course, it always failed before when it was warm/hot outside. So, I now wait for Summer to see if it really is good to go.

·
Registered
173 Posts
man theses cars suck hard. Never buy Chrysler.. 1st and only time ill make that mistake.
That's a matter of opinion.

I've had my dart for 7 months and I love it. It's been reliable and with the few mods I've done it's really come alive. I'm an old street racer and still spend time at the track. People just have to understand what the new Dart IS and know that if they want it to be something more it will cost money. I noticed that with the posts about turbos going out, no one answered the question about if they had done the free horsepower mod. There could be more to the story than what we are being told.

·
Registered
284 Posts
man theses cars suck hard. Never buy Chrysler.. 1st and only time ill make that mistake.
hey smart guy, the 1.4 isnt a CHRYSLER engine. its a FIAT engine and a watered down version of the real thing from the Abarth. you wanna complain about the car, cry about Fiat not Chrysler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys,, even i have problem with my dart,, im from UAE... it was working so perfectly for me,, now when i drive in D mode, the car doesnt go front without pressing the accelerate and the same applies to R mode,, the car doesnt reverse without pressing the accelerate. before the car moves front if i put it on D mode. can someone help me regarding this ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts