Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So i have attempted to search for any threads relating this issue but cant find none as of yet:(. Maybe i'm using the wrong search term or something but as of right now my 8.4 touchscreen doesn't work react to touch. I just purchased the car yesterday its a 2013 rallye with 26k miles on it. Anyone have any ideas as to what it maybe?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would start by making sure that the screen is clean of finger prints, etc. If all is good there, you may need to take it back to the dealer, and get them to check it out.

With only 26K on it, you should have the remained of the factory warranty, and I believe that the touch screen will be covered.

Some of the more savvy folks might have a suggestion for a quick fix, but it escape me, besides disconnecting the battery for several minutes to allow everything to reset, and I'm not sure that will work either.

good luck, and please update us so we know how the issue was resolved.

Exco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i thought the same thing I left it disconnected from the battery for an hr and no luck. I wiped it twice with wipes for touchscreens no luck. Calling dealer today. Side note this is my first car with a warranty so I'm kinda excited about it. Any suggestions for dealing with the dealer?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Be firm but polite. The service advisers can be either one of your best friends, or the biggest pain in your back side, dependent upon how you deal with them.

Most likely they're just doing what someone higher up the food chain is telling them to do, so try not to take out any frustrations on them. If you have to, request to talk to someone higher in the food chain until you either reach the owner or get satisfaction.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually contacted the dealership which i bought the car from they didn't know it wasn't working (neither did i at purchase). What they are going to do is take it to dodge for me and give me a rental while its in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds good, at least they're taking care of both the problem and you.

I suspect that Dodge will say that you have a bad touch screen, and they'll replace it under warranty... they often find it easier to swap out parts than do a true fix of any problems encountered while under warranty.

Exco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts