Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had thier 8.4 Uconnect and clock reset itself. I parked the car, remote locked the doors and when I came back to the car after work the radio had switched to AM (I was listening to satalite) and the clock was reset to 12:00? Almost like the battery was disconnected until I put my key in. I'm pretty sure this car has the ability to cut power to save the battery if you leave something on but I didn't! Everything is working ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No probs like that. The only issue I've had with the radio is an intermediate "skip" in the audio. Satellite, am/fm, and SD card have this issue but not so streaming audio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting :( Have you contacted your dealer to see if they have seen this before?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I haven't contacted the dealer yet. It did it that once and hasn't happened sence. Was curious if anyone else had experienced this before I went to the dealer. I will talk to them today and get back with thier responce.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Electronic resets

I had two occasions where the radio switched modes, the clock changed & the DRL switched off in the first few hundred miles. Hasn't happened since - up to 10,000 miles.
This morning the temp gage was inop. Started working again this afternoon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to the dealer yesterday. Asked them who thier Dart guru was. They said the car is to new and they are still learning it. Whowwa there goes my confidence. Anyway they said they hadn't heard any problem like this and said if it happens again to let them know right away so they could check it for any faults or indication of power interuptions.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is such a little annoyance but I will have to call the dealer again. The same thing has happened 2 more times now. This morning being the most recent. Put the key in and start the car and find that the clock has reset, the radio volume is at zero the radio has switched to FM from SAT. When I switch it back to SAT it is on channel 184. And the heater fan is turned off. Just over 3K miles. Another Dart forum has a lot of 8.4 issues going on but they all seem to be getting white screen and daily reboots. Anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Left my baby all alone in the dark this morning at the dealer night drop. I sure hope they find something. I hate intermittant problems. I'll let you know what they find.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked her up tonight and had positive news from the dealer. I'm not crazy. Well maybe a little. They found a module that wasn't maintaining the settings for the radio, clock and heater. New module arrives tomorrow and gets installed Tuesday curtacy of dodge. Hopfully this will fix my system rebooting. Hope everone has a great weekend!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Screen Resets

I have owned my dart for about 6 weeks. I noticed one day my screen shut off and then came right back on. I thought it was weird but brand new car, so I decided to wait and see what happened. Well went a few weeks didn't happen then in the last couple weeks it started happening everyday. So I made an appointment and Dodge looked at my car and advised me that they called Detroit and it was determined my car had a short in it somewhere. So on Wednesday I am taking it in again and they are replacing the screen. So hopefully that should fix the problem.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck! I hope they are able to fix your issue. They say these cars are just about the most tecnically advance cars out there. The service guy says there are about 16 module controlling everything. Probably more. I keep thinking if some probe comes out of my headrest and try to plugs into my ear we are getting a little to advanced. Take all the fun out of driving. Or one step closer to fly by wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had problems with their Uconnect being non responsive? I can't even play music from my iPhone through the USB anymore. Is this something I can possibly fix myself or would it be best to see the dealer?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quik update. Dealer called yesterday to tell me Chrysler sent the wrong module. I'm drivin a freakin mini van to work today! How embarassing. Anyway hoping they get the right one in today and that it fixes the problem. I'll post the outcome.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stopped by the dealer last night to get some stuff out of my car cause again the part that was next dayed didn't arrive. Not sure what next day means anymore. It was sad to see half the dash laying on the front seat. The service manager said if they don't get the part today they will put it back together so I can have it for the weekend. I sure hope they get the right part in. I don't want to go pick it up and have to drop it off again next week.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally got the call friday afternoon that the part was in and the car was ready to pick up. I was so excited to finally get my car back. Everything looked good and working so off I went down the road. I was even thinking how nice it was that I hadn't lost all my presets when I think the master reboot came through and wiped everything. What a pain to re-program all my favorite stations. Well its all good now so we will have to wait and see if the problem went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had similar issues with the Dodge Dart SXT. The clock reset and radio was on station I never listen to. This issue has happened three times so far and have an appointment to have the car looked at tomorrow. I also had the traction control light come on and not go out after tapping the break. I stopped on the side of the roadway shut down the engine and restarted. The warning light still on. Light went out after tapping break again a few more miles of driving.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to here about your trouble. Since the dealer replaced what ever module it was that was bad I haven't had any further problems. Going on 12K miles. Hope they are able to get you taken care of and back on the road quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Casio watch that keeps better time than my Dodge Darts clock which keeps resetting even after the dealership repaired it and the radio that also reset.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesn't sound like the dealer repaired it. Sorry to hear your still having trouble. If your clock, tuned radio choice, heater fan speed choice and anything else that is supposed to remember what it was doing or where it was set when you turn the car off isn't then there is still a problem with one of the constoll modules that is suppose to maintain power for that memory. Or there may be a grounding issue with the power supply to these systems. Loss of grounding or intermitant ground is the same as losing power. It sucks, its inconvieniant but take it back and make them fix it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts