Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody besides myself looked into possibly putting a water/methanol injection system in their darts? I have a friend who has told me a safe route but we don't have a TB spacer yet that will allow the injector to be on it. Just want opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could always take the tb off and take it to someone with a cnc table so they can scan it and cut something out. Gotta friend with one

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You. Got a friend with water meth injection in a dart?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Methanol injection isn't as commonly used now since E85 has become widely available. E85 provides a much simpler high octane fuel option versus setting up methanol injection.

What's missing most of all from the Dart 1.4 turbo is a tuning method. If you want to switch to E85, you will need to be able to reprogram the fuel and timing maps.

Meth injection might help a little bit, but all it will do without any way of tuning is cool the intake air charge and net you a bit more hp. You'd have to have an effective meth delivery system and have to maintain your meth tank in the trunk, or wherever you decide to hook it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have a gallon tank I'm piecing it together from my buddies old stuff. He said he ran -20 windshield fluid for like three months and gave him a decent increase. He said its a 30% meth mix. So I'm going to do some more research and get a better opinion. Thanks for the info man it helps a lot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Meth injection without tuning WILL help, but only a little. It's basically like running a higher octane fuel, and you'll be cooling the air charge before it enters the engine as well. That may be good for a few HP, and it will be better than running 91 octane if your state doesn't provide 93, but just like putting 100 octane race fuel into a street tuned car, you won't really see any benefits above and beyond what it's programmed to do at the factory.

In essence, it doesn't hurt, but mostly all you'll be doing without a tune is ensuring it doesn't perform below the ideal factory performance. Whenever a tuning device comes out, you could increase the boost and timing a bit and keep the kit in.

You could always hit up Devilsown and see if he can sell you a kit, I had one on my SRT-4 back in 2004, it helped me deal with the crappy 91 octane in California and avoid having knock.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/205-dart-ii

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely will do that man thank you for the insight. I actually have found out that TORK has something in the works, so i may wait for them to get it all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts