Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to reduce the weight of their dart? Personally I've gutted my trunk and removed the plastic from under the motor and with a full tank of gas am sitting at 3,200 lbs without me in the car...soo any ideas on where else to shave ( hidden ) weight?

·
Registered
193 Posts
remove all seats but driver, carbon fiber body panels, full alloy (light) wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got done airbag light came on but I don't really care lol. Anyways with rear seats completely deleted, trunk fully gutted, plastic off of the bottom of the motor, and a CAI ( I just imagine it weighs less than stock) it's now sitting at 3,040lbs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pics? :) I would put the belly pan back on tho, the reduced wind drag under the car with the belly pan is more beneficial than the slight reduction in weight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to attempt for some better photos, I actually had removed the belly pan to assist with IAT, my cai doesn't route into the fender well just stops where the factory box was. It seems to be working so far, ( please mind that's just the butt dyno). But anyways here's some more pics of the gutting.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts