Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A. I'm praying to the motor god for help.
B. I'm trying to see how to take it apart.
C. I am acknowledging defeat?

Tried to remove the grill to start working on a custom grill insert instead of the cross. I have blisters on my finger tips from all the locking tabs holding that one piece of plastic to the front of the car. I didn't want to remove any more than I had to. Haha stupid me, you have to pull the whole front facia like Black Widow did to do his eyes. The grill installs from the rear.

Will have to try again another day. I will prevail!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Breaks of the game I suppose.... do NOT give up sir! I have high hopes for your grill! Hoping that I can get some inspiration, or maybe just "extended borrow"* your design... hehe

*It's not stealing if I borrow it.... for a really long time

·
Registered
76 Posts
First off, I like your yard! Very nice!!

Second, I like where you are headed.

Third, I know exactly how you feel... I want to do all kinds of things to the Dart, but either the wife, the kids, or lack of time/money prevent me from doing so. =/

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I finally got the front clip off. WOW I am so stressed taking this car appart. The front clip is like one of those stupid puzzles that only come appart one way and have to go back together the same way. There are 8 parts that are all interlocked. Good thing my wife is out of town for the week.:rolleyes: I'm driving her Smartcar to work this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got it done.

Finally finished my grill inserts. My original plan was to replace the factory grills with the perforated alluminum ones I was forming. After finding that the grills are integral to the support and structure of the front clip and how it mounts I had to change direction.

I formed my new grill pieces to mount infront of the factory grills. I think it turned out pretty good. I may still go back now that it is together and supported and just cut out the center of the factory grills leaving the structural parts. Just because I don't like being able to see the factory grill still partially visiable from different angles.

The material was easy to work with. I used hand shear and formed by hand and rubber mallet on soft surface.

I also painted the silver trim at the lower road lights black while I had the chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ahh, yea I can see it better in this pic. Very nice sir!

You going to do a DIY on this for someone else to try to make their own?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts