Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Dodge Dart Rally with a little over 3000 miles on it and the front wheel bearings both sides already have to be replaced has anybody else had this problem

·
Registered
768 Posts
I haven't heard anyone with this problem yet. What happened? Did you get any warning or indications there was a problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car always had a low humming to it I thought it was the tires until
humming got too loud so I took it in Thought it might need a alignment but I was wrong When they put the bearings in they are going to align it tires look good

·
Registered
768 Posts
My traction like has started to come. First it was once then a week later, then a couple days later and now sometimes it will come on when I turn the ignition on. I am wondering if this is an indication that I have a wheel bearing going out. Doesn't the traction alert also use the abs sensor at the front wheels? I know on my suburban that was the case. The gap became to much for the sensor to pick up and yes the bearing was bad.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Sounds logical, its always something with these cars. Id love to get rid of mine but the depreciation on these Darts is just awful. I owe 14,000 on my 2013, best I can do is $11,000 in trade on a 2014 Dart or Chrysler 200. Kia will only give me $8,500 on an Optima. Every dealer I have talk to including Dodge says the Dart is a really bad buy, new or used

·
Registered
768 Posts
Its weird, The traction light comes and goes. Now sometimes I don't see it for a couple days again. Just drove to Idaho and back 1000 mile round trip and the light never came on. No whining or growling so I'm hoping maybe just a sensor. Gonna check it tomorrow after work. I did have them off when I did the springs and was carefull not to over tighten as they are plastic. Maybe one came loose.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Plastic wheel bearings? that's cheap a$$ Chrysler for you. I don't think plastic can hold the heat. My dealer just replaced the blower motor in my dart, the bearings are plastic and they melted, probably from the heater in the winter. They also did six up dates, radio, trans, body module, ignition, fuel injection. The sales manager asked me how I liked my car. When I told him about all the things that went wrong, He said" hey its a year and a half old with 20,000 miles on it, that's normal with that kind of mileage on an older car. To him my car is old? He doesn't get it, neither does Chrysler.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry, meant the sensors are plastic that bolt to the wheel bearings. Had them disconnected so they wouldn't get damaged when I changed the springs.

But you are right about a lot of the stuff. These cars are made cheaply. Lots of little rattles and squeaks. But then that seems to be the trend with manufacturing. How much can they cut cost to make money before quality suffers and customers stop buying. I think I have been lucky so far with mine(knock on wood) with only minor annoying things. I still love my Dart and we are still pretty exclusive compared to others. I kind of like that.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Hi David
I finally found a good dealer that wants to make this car right. They put in a new blower motor which was in backwards from the last dealer. They also took care of six flash updates for me without me asking. The word is out about the cheapness of the parts on this car. The trade in value of this car is plummeting. I couldn't get a dealer to pay off the $14,000 I have left on my loan, to get out from under this thing.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Lastly, I challenge anyone to show me proof that the Dart or any Chrysler car manufactured in 2013 is not a cheaply built piece of crap that is laden with defects from bumper to bumper. Plain and simple.....Chrysler manufactures crap..... That falls apart and they don't stand behind what they sell. Most of their dealers have service departments staffed with neophytes that don't know their A$$ from a hole in the ground. With Mopar you got NO car. If you bought a Chrysler product you probably got a lemon and paid way too much for it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
my build date was in 2013 but i have a 14 GT with no issues. then again i dont have a 1.4 or a DDCT. but i do have fiat 6 Speed. so i guess i never know. i have over 13K miles on my car without issue, rattles, or any other annoying hiccups thus far.

you shouldnt be blaming dodge or Chrysler for the dealers mechanics screw ups. blame the one that installed the parts incorrectly.

·
Banned
106 Posts
The parts that came with the car were defective, the dealer replaced them and put them in backwards. The dealer is an extension of Chrysler with their "Factory Trained" Technicians.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Hey Orange GT, Lets blame Henry Ford for mass producing the automobile, lol. You are a great apologist for Dodge/Chrysler. Did you see the new Dart TV commercial? The one where the guy locks his Dart in his garage and says to his neighbor "Don't touch my Dart. It should be... "Don't touch my Dart......... because it will fall apart!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had both front wheel bearings repaced at 13k miles and now at 18k i have a clunk coming from the back, guessing broken sway bar link

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a rear wheel bearing replaced at about 50K on the clock. Went to a Chrysler dealer and they told me "Not warrantied, you probably hit a pothole" Slam dunk...we aren't interested in your problems.
Well, warranty is now long since passed with 76K on it now. I'll just treat the car like my problem now, like I do with my Neons.
I was just shocked a wheel bearing would go bad so fast. The replacement is a Moog part, so we'll see.
I am still happy with my Dart overall. Not here to bash. Here to learn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts