Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install my amp but can't find where to run the power wire. I found on the drivers side a little above the clutch what looks like the rubber grommet for the wires to travel through the firewall. However I can't locate it on the engine side. Is this what I'm looking for? Or do I run the power wire somewhere else?

Also, I am using a line out converter. Are the door speakers the only place I can splice into? Or is there a more easily accessible place I can splice into?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
I'm looking to install my amp but can't find where to run the power wire. I found on the drivers side a little above the clutch what looks like the rubber grommet for the wires to travel through the firewall. However I can't locate it on the engine side. Is this what I'm looking for? Or do I run the power wire somewhere else?

Also, I am using a line out converter. Are the door speakers the only place I can splice into? Or is there a more easily accessible place I can splice into?

Any help would be much appreciated!
With a Brand New car and being as you're not too sure, I'd definitely take it to a professional to have done. Don't take that the wrong way. Just my opinion of what I would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually figured it all out, my issue now is that the amp is not getting power. The capacitor powers up but not the amp, the ground is good and I'm %80 sure the remote is, its connected to the radio fuse (15 blue). And I double checked all the fuses and they are good. Any ideas on how to figure this out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.