Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install my amp but can't find where to run the power wire. I found on the drivers side a little above the clutch what looks like the rubber grommet for the wires to travel through the firewall. However I can't locate it on the engine side. Is this what I'm looking for? Or do I run the power wire somewhere else?

Also, I am using a line out converter. Are the door speakers the only place I can splice into? Or is there a more easily accessible place I can splice into?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
I'm looking to install my amp but can't find where to run the power wire. I found on the drivers side a little above the clutch what looks like the rubber grommet for the wires to travel through the firewall. However I can't locate it on the engine side. Is this what I'm looking for? Or do I run the power wire somewhere else?

Also, I am using a line out converter. Are the door speakers the only place I can splice into? Or is there a more easily accessible place I can splice into?

Any help would be much appreciated!
With a Brand New car and being as you're not too sure, I'd definitely take it to a professional to have done. Don't take that the wrong way. Just my opinion of what I would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually figured it all out, my issue now is that the amp is not getting power. The capacitor powers up but not the amp, the ground is good and I'm %80 sure the remote is, its connected to the radio fuse (15 blue). And I double checked all the fuses and they are good. Any ideas on how to figure this out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
you need to get a multimeter, for a long time dodge has used a data type signal to operate the radios. its not always a 12V+, check and shee if you are getting a true 12V+ at the Rem. wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey where did end up running your power wire from? Also where did you tap in for the line out converter? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tap into the wire harness by the drivers side door, the speaker wires are easy to spot as they are twisted. Where did you run your 12volt switch wire from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts