Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that someone buys a Chrysler and has an issue, or has issues with the auto they bought and then decides they will NEVER buy a Chrysler again? Really? Reality check. Turn your TV on, or surf the net. Every auto manufacturer has had a recall, or several recalls. Everything we buy is mass produced. Components are massed produced, by humans. There is no such thing as perfect. That are what recalls and TSB's are for, to fix issues that come up along the way. I can understand if everything was "fubar" on your vehicle, but a few issues here and there? Get real. Nothing in life is simple, or without flaws. If you follow up on your auto with TSB's, or recalls, good that is what you should do. I love my Dart, I also bought a life time bumper to bumper warranty with it. The Dart is a very nice compact car. The interior is very nice and the looks outside are tough looking as well. IMO, if you buy something to complain about it, you were not a real fan of it to begin with. That is why I will never buy anything, but Chrysler products, ok, maybe I might buy from the other two Ford and GM, but nothing else. I am a MOPAR guy and this is my opinion, if you do not like it, do not read it, thanks.:p

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
This is also a first year car, going to be some issues. 2nd year model should have less. Could be worse.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
You posted it so I had to read it! But thanks for your wisdom. It is just a bummer for those that are unlucky to get the cars with issues. I have been lucky with mine, others haven't and if they don't yell loud then the problems don't get fixed for everyone else.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I agree, some recalls would be expected and accepted if Chrysler would do that. The fact is that Chrysler is NOT doing recalls. They are using Service Bulletins , so the owner has to experience the problem for themselves, then the owner gets to take their vehicle back to the dealer which is well trained in Chrysler self denial rather than how to fix your car. Hey Dart man 71, brand loyalty is one thing when its earned, but being an apologist for an automobile that falls apart under you or around you, with several thousand miles on it, is a different story.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Dart man, you are comparing apples to oranges!!!!!! We are talking about a new car that costs close to $30,000, not a used car that was purchased for $3,000. Put your blind Brand Loyalty aside and be realistic. The truth is the Dart's problems are due to inferior materials in the production that can't stand up to normal everyday usage, not mass production. When a majority of the cars produced with the same grade of low grade materials are bad apples, it is the entire orchard, the blight will eventually spread to all the trees. Maybe the whole orchard does need to be replaced. It seems that there is no treatment to cure the many reoccurring problems. You cant replace existing inferior grade parts with new inferior grade parts and solve the problem. MOPAR has tried to trick the car buying public by engineering a cheaply manufactured automobile that looks great and would last out the bumper to bumper warranty, before it wears out or malfunctions also known as advanced planned obsolescence. They went too cheap and the parts aren't lasting until the warranty is up, and now they don't want to spend the bucks they wanted to save to repair the crap they marketed. The worst part is a lot of the problems are safety issues that can hurt or kill the owner as well as other drivers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis004, if things are that bad with the material and for argument sake lets say it is. There will be a recall. If there are enough issues with material, then they will be replaced. If enough people complain. It would appear to me that is the case by your accounts. I have had mine a week yesterday, so it is too soon for me to start complaining. I am coming from a New 2010 Ram bought it on May 11,2010. This is a size shock to me to say the least. As far as the materials used, so far they look very nice to me. If your Dart is as bad as you seem to make it out to be, maybe you should look into the "Lemon Law". That might be a way out for you.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Dart man, I've had this car a year and a half, not a week, it took mine only 4 months and 4,000 miles to start to self destruct. True they fix, over and over, but who wants a new car in the shop twice a month for three days at a clip? Didn't we by new cars, so they would be more reliable, and safe? As far as the lemon law goes, in NJ anyway, you need to have a safety issue repaired by Chrysler three times unsuccessfully for the same issue before you can file and then Chrysler has the option to give you another car of the same model and year, with about the same mileage on it as the one you are getting rid of . As far as trading it in on another brand, this car has such a low trade in value, Chrysler wont even pay off the $13,000 I owe on it, other brands will allow less. I'm glad you love your Dart, I hope you NEVER experience what I and a lot of others have. I have a 2004 Dakota which I bought new and its great, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just so you know, I'm a 61 year old kid that has bought Chrysler/ Dodge and Plymouth since 1973 when I bought a Plymouth Scamp, which was a Dart with a Plymouth name, I also had a 1974 Dodge Fargo pickup which was the Dakota of 1974, and a 1983 Plymouth Colt, sub compact. These were all great cars, that I sold to get newer vehicles, and the people I sold them to, ran them for years. In closing, I know times have changed, but this car is of such poor quality and reliability that I have lost all remnants of brand loyalty. BTW the Dart is only a first year car in 2013, and it is rapidly approaching the numbers of defects mandated by law for a total recall. As I said, unless they retool the defective parts and try using a little metal instead of low grade plastic, nothing will change, and then Chrysler will do the most cost effective thing for themselves and stop making them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
26.5k Miles on mine, bought it February 2013 and I haven't had an issue. 158k Miles on my '02 Ram 1500 3.7 and I have replaced ball joints after jumping a hill. Forgive me, but my Grand parents Grand Cherokee from 07 is still cooking with a minor oil leak that was due to a dry gasket. 3/3 for Chrysler and me! ;)

·
Banned
106 Posts
Ok, glad you are 3/3, None of your vehicles are that old. I put over 200,000 miles on Toyotas, Buicks, and Chevys. Lets see if your Dart Runs to 58,000 miles let alone 158,000 miles. My bet is it wont!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have owned only Big 3 autos. I am very, very proud of that fact. I am an American and I believe in supporting Americas Auto Industry. I have owned 6 Brand New all of which were Chryslers. I also leased a Brand New 95 Neon when they first came out. I had some issues along the way, but I have never had the issues that some on here have claimed they have. I have loved all my Chryslers and I will continue to BUY Chryslers. No matter how bad some peoples experiences have been. I know how the auto industry works and I know that ALL auto makers have and do make some "BAD" autos. They should not, but there are a lot of things that go on in the world that should not. IMO a lot of the distaste is in part if not a very high percentage is due to the dealer at which people deal with. The dealer I go to, knock on wood has done right by me and I will continue going to them.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Agreed, if the dealer is any good , your issues will be taken care of, The dealer I have is very good, any problem no matter how trivial is their problem as well

·
Registered
284 Posts
from what i have noticed on the other forum im part of is that most of the recalls have been for electrical more then anything platform wide. but most of the problems i have seen have been mostly the Fiat side of this adventure. i have seen blown turbos, oil leaks, bad DDCTs, trans replacements, turbo replacements, two detonated 1.4s im curious on why i see this out of this for the dart and less of this from the Abarth? did they water down what was given to us? dont get me wrong i have seen a couple powertech problems and a few 2.4 engines complaints but nothing as serious as the stuff i read about on the other forum. and the sad part is, everyone just assumes its because its a dodge, or a chrysler. i wonder if sergio is doing this on purpose to get chrysler/dodge to sell fully out to his company?

·
Banned
106 Posts
Who knows......... Fiat is really an acronym for Fix it Again Tony, lol. I got a new dealer and they took care of 7 different things for me in one day! I hope they fixed it, it looks like they may have. BTW, they found the Blower motor was in backwards, lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
As said on another forum, new computers, flat screens , anything electronic will either fail, or be obsolete in no time, its a throw away society, and car mgrs using all these new fangled electronics controlling most of the car, seeing any new car lasting over 5 years will be rare. Especially seeing these new autobrake feature... no thanks, I don't want a computer in control of the brake pedal.lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new dart is a lemon...total lemon period!

Complete brake failure 3 times.... not squeaky, rubbing brakes, no no... We had complete out of control, almost crash, no brakes type failure... this is the 4th new power/ master, vacuum booster and all replaced... and its still in the shop a month later... when the dealer fixed it last week again and went for a road trip, they failed again.... towed back to shop!

·
Registered
4 Posts
how many legs can a dog afford to loose? How many airplane crashes can one survive? what is the 3 strikes rule in California? My New Dodge Dart (lemon) edition is broken real bad!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why is it that someone buys a Chrysler and has an issue, or has issues with the auto they bought and then decides they will NEVER buy a Chrysler again? Really? Reality check. Turn your TV on, or surf the net. Every auto manufacturer has had a recall, or several recalls. Everything we buy is mass produced. Components are massed produced, by humans. There is no such thing as perfect. That are what recalls and TSB's are for, to fix issues that come up along the way. I can understand if everything was "fubar" on your vehicle, but a few issues here and there? Get real. Nothing in life is simple, or without flaws. If you follow up on your auto with TSB's, or recalls, good that is what you should do. I love my Dart, I also bought a life time bumper to bumper warranty with it. The Dart is a very nice compact car. The interior is very nice and the looks outside are tough looking as well. IMO, if you buy something to complain about it, you were not a real fan of it to begin with. That is why I will never buy anything, but Chrysler products, ok, maybe I might buy from the other two Ford and GM, but nothing else. I am a MOPAR guy and this is my opinion, if you do not like it, do not read it, thanks.:p
Well, as someone already posted, YOU already posted it and we had to read it. Now if we wanted to disagree with you, maybe you should have posted that warning at the beginning so we could be warned FIRST! Didja EVER think of THAT???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts