Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with the long wiper blade on the driver side leaving a streak right across the middle of your vision? At first I thought it was something on the glass but it fallows the path of the middle of the wiper right where it connects to the arm. I'm on my 3rd set of wiper blades. It goes away for a little while after changing blades but then comes back in the same place. This last time I really cleaned the windshield and rain-x it good before installing new rain-x blades. Lasted a couple weeks and it came back again. I think the arm puts to much pressure on these new long unsupported mono blades. It causes the blade to roll over in the middle where all the pressure is so it can't squeegee the water off cleanly. Gonna bring it up with the dealer when I go in for the 30K service.

·
Registered
284 Posts
its time for new wipers bro. im trying to ignore it till i get my next pay check.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its time for new wipers bro. im trying to ignore it till i get my next pay check.
Read again bro. The new blades are only 2 weeks old and it is doing it again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try wiping them with rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. Road film mixed with oil from the roads seems to really build up quickly on the blades. you will be surprised what you see on the paper towel. This worked for me

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try wiping them with rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. Road film mixed with oil from the roads seems to really build up quickly on the blades. you will be surprised what you see on the paper towel. This worked for me
Thanks for the info Dennis. I will give it a try. I don't think this is the problem though as it would be all over the windshield wiper area. Mine is always the middle of the wiper right where the wiper arm connects and exerts the most force. I believe it is causing the blade to roll to much to properly squeegee the water off cleanly. Cleaning the blade will probably help just like cleaning the windshield and applying rain-x helps. Or putting new blades on helps. But after 2 weeks the same streaking comes back in the same place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you waxing your car at the automatic carwash and getting wax on the windshield glass? If you are, that could be the cause. Mine was doing the same thing, and I cleaned the blades and it stopped, also make sure the wiper blade is pushed on and locked to the wiper arm, if it isn't the blade will jump and cause streaks. If none of these suggestions work, I would consult the dealer the arm could be bent or defective.

·
Registered
284 Posts
nah, mine are over a year old. i normally wait till they streak before i get new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts