Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is you most notable performance upgrade as far as acceleration goes. which part did you install that made the biggest difference while the pedal was to the floor during the test drive. cai? , ic pipes, fmic? exhaust . ect. lets hear you experience with how your car felt while you took it for a test drive after installing the part.
:eek: or was it, wow not much of a difference?
was it wow what a difference :mad:

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
From the talk of the town it sounds like the FMIC and piping is the way to go for that. I personally haven't done that yet because I'm overseas anxious to start building mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ic ic. ive heard that the ic pipes help a lot, i just ordered mine. anyone have anything to say on the subject????? need some intel on this

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just got my ic pipes in the mail today and ill be installing them tomorrow night. I'll let you know what I think. I bought the injen set.

·
Registered
173 Posts
FMIC and piping for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Piping makes a notable difference in power. Especially 3rd gear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the underdrive pulley along with alll the injen parts and the underdrive makes a considerable difference in acceleration. My buddy has 2.0t Genesis and he used to pull on me pretty hard. Now we are nose to nose on a thitd gear pull. He still gets me from a dead stop but he also has a bigger turbo and dohc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice thanks demonicdart for the info. I may be buying this part next . lets keep this going . this was someone interested in modding their dart can use this thread as consumer info.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How was the underdrive pulley install?

I have the underdrive pulley along with alll the injen parts and the underdrive makes a considerable difference in acceleration. My buddy has 2.0t Genesis and he used to pull on me pretty hard. Now we are nose to nose on a thitd gear pull. He still gets me from a dead stop but he also has a bigger turbo and dohc

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was pretty easy. It took me less than an hour. First remove the passenger side wheel, peel back the wheel liner and the pulleys are right there. Remove 3 bolts from the underdrive on the crank. Detention and remove the belt. Line the new pulley up with the pin on the crank (there is only one way toline it up so you cant do it incorrectly). Put the three new bolts on that come with the kit, torque them to 19ft/lbs.put the new belt on and your done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question? If you get A FMIC from tork will the Injen intercooler piping be compatible with it?????? Also If you have SRI, catback exhaust,fmic,IC will you run LEAN.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts